Senior Database Developer
Top Secret Clearance Required
The Database Design Developer plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection and ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Further, the position establishes and maintains security and integrity controls and formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. He/she will propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- The Database Design Developer must have a Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline or the equivalent. and 4-7 years of related experience.
- Applicants with a Master’s degree and three to five years of professional experience also qualify.
- Effective team player Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required before starting on contract.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Background in database administration (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), including installation, configuration, schema design, physical tablespaces, performance tuning, external data loading and data importing/exporting
- Skills in SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, Windows desktop tools, and Unix/Linux systems monitoring
- Experience supporting a development team as an integral team member, supporting the software development lifecycle (development, testing, and deployment) activities
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Oracle 12c, Cloud Control, Data Guard, STIG implementation
- Experience with web application development using Oracle and Java tools
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
Work location: Sterling, VA
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.
- Extremely competitive salary
- 95% employer paid for employee medical, dental, & vison coverages
- 100% employer paid for employee life, STD & LTD disability coverages
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent & health care
- 10 standard holidays & 3 weeks of annual leave