System Administrator Redhat Linux: Senior
**US Citizenship Required**
Looking for motivated individuals to support a long-term, cutting-edge research and development program for one of the country’s highest priority cyber initiatives. On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cyber, networking, computer science, and data analytics to develop the next generation of automated cyber defense platforms. Individuals in this role are responsible for implementing, deploying, and maintaining Redhat Linux operating systems across a variety of hardware solutions and operational platforms. These capabilities are used to deploy large-scale cyber countermeasure capabilities to detect and prevent sophisticated threats and vulnerabilities on enterprise networks.
- Provide expertise in system administration
- Provide expertise in virtualization (VMware, Redhat, etc.)
- Provide expertise in software integration
- Provide expertise in Continuous test/integration/deployment platforms
- Assist customers with installation, configuration, communications and provide troubleshooting & remediation.
- Assist customers on-site during release deployment and with periodic system/application patching
- Utilizing VMWare (ESXi, vCenter, Horizon View, VDI) to manage service delivery infrastructure, including growth planning and break fix
- Utilizing Firewalls (i.e Checkpoint) to push policy/rule sets for end users and monitor logs for traffic
- Providing off-hours support for Operations users and pre-scheduled maintenance windows
- Logging requests and results for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance using service tracking software
- Proactively monitoring infrastructure for potential issues or impacts to CPS Operations users
- In depth (minimum 6-10 years) experience of Redhat Linux administration, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration.
- Strong (minimum 6-10 years) experience/knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, RHEL, etc.)
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both open source licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools.
- Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
- The ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
- The ability to work independently
- Knowledge of design, implementation and support of networking, including routers, file servers, DNS, LDAP.
- Cybersecurity expertise, including creating and adhering to customer IT Security requirements
- Experience with high performance clusters in a virtualized/containerized environment
- Scripting experience with automating processes and deployments using tools such as scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.) and packaging (rpm, iso, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience of Jenkins automation server and continuous delivery DevOps Micro-services architecture.
- Experience with CentOS, Redhat Linux, Linux, Windows OS
Clearance Level & Education Level
- Candidate with Top Secret or TS/SCI is highly desired, and DHS Suitability.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 6 years related experience.
Company Overview & Links
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is a small business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We are appraised at CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.