Software Quality Assurance/Test Engineer
This position reports directly to the Program/Project Manager and the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, and involves monitoring of every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality, verifying that software adheres to BCMC and customer standards, and validating that new software work as intended prior to release. There is a heavy dependency on requirements analysis, software testing at all levels, and documentation.
The successful candidate will provide oversight of the entire software development process, including processes such as requirements definition, software design, coding, source code control, code reviews, software configuration management, testing, release management, product integration, and documentation.
- Generate/review QMS documents
- Perform internal quality audits
- Maintain and update training and audit databases
- Identify/resolve problems or deficiencies in products and QMS
- Track software related metrics (effort, defects, efficiency, schedule)
- Participate in requirements analysis, Agile backlog assignment and prioritization
- Participate in and oversee unit, integration, and system level testing
- Lead the functional testing effort, both internally and at client locations
- Generation and oversight of associated software documentation
- Systems/Software Requirements
- System/Software Design
- Implementation/Deployment Plans
- Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test procedures
- Test Scripts and Data Requirements
- Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix
- At least three years of experience in software testing development, execution, and oversight, across multiple levels, including unit, integration, system, and functional testing is required.
- Jenkins continuous test and integration experience is preferred.
- At least three years of experience developing and writing relevant documents on test and evaluation subjects, including test plans, test reports, system performance data collection and analysis is required.
- Development and test execution and evaluation procedures for cyber systems and XML, JSON, SQL, Key-Value, and distributed data structures is preferred.
- At least three years of experience conducting system validation and verification events and conducting evaluations of Java, Grails, and Python software, libraries, and relational/No-SQL/Domain Object databases is required.
- An active Secret or Top Secret level security clearance issued by on official U.S. Government Department or Agency is a benefit.
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We are appraised at CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.