BCMC has an immediate opening for an RHEL Systems Administrator to join our team in Oakton, VA. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the RHEL Systems Administrator will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
** Candidate must have Active TOP SECRET or above security clearance for this position **
- Work as part of a team of UNIX/Linux system administrators to support the deployment team's requirements across unclassified and classified environments
- Coordinates operations and maintenance activities for Red Hat Enterprise Linux instances in both physical and virtual environments
- Fosters inter-team communication and cross-training to encourage professional development and increase operational redundancy
- Cultivates strong customer relationships; responds with flexibility to customer requests and anticipates customer needs
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet changing business needs
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the customers' culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure customers' services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
This position requires the following:
- Ability to analyze, document, and report on technical data.
- Ability to schedule work and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under management supervision.
- Ability and/or willingness to travel within CONUS and local sites (VA/MD/DC) - some off hour deployments may be required.
- Understanding that some physical work will be required. Our machines weigh up to 75 lbs., and will require the ability to not only lift but also move them around.
- Strong organizational and good communication skills.
- Willingness to work 9am-6pm during core customer hours.
- Willingness to be on call and work nights and weekends as necessary to satisfy customer requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Visio, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint
- Tier 3 support (Vendor Communication)
- Work with limited supervision.
Candidates should demonstrate sophisticated problem solving and organizational skills, as well as the ability to think critically and logically to effectively implement and maintain multi-use computer system and networks.
UNIX/LINUX System Administrator (Deployment) must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a specialized technical field or the equivalent, and a minimum of five to eight years of related experience; or Master's and three to five years of related experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Ability to use analytical skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to use analytical skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to provide technical support to satisfy customer requirements.
- Understanding of Network Concepts such as IP and Network Topology.
- Strong Linux Foundation.
- SourceFire appliance experience
- Networking skills such as switching, routing, firewalls, etc.
- Linux OS administration.
- Tier 3 support experience (Vendor Communication)
- Scripting experience
- OS Security Hardening
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
Work location: Oakton, VA 22124