BCMC has an immediate opening for a Senior Level Software Systems/Web Developer to support the DoD’s most visited website with over 2M hits per month on our Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE) project. The Software Systems Developer will work with a small multi-disciplinary development team of high performing problem solvers and lead the engineering team through the system life-cycle development (DoD 5000.2, SDLC) to identify user trends and recommends systems to increase capability and efficiency.
Job Location: Fort Meade, MD at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Clearance Level: Must have an active Secret Clearance at the time of hire
Certification Requirement: Must have a Security+ Cert at the time of hire
- Work directly with the government and BCMC PMs to manage the system life-cycle development process
- Manages the engineering life-cycle from concept to implementation and sustainment
- Designs, architects and implements systems that increase efficiency and automate processes
- Identifies COTS/GOTS and in house systems to integrate into HW/SW systems
- Identifies systems for complex IT issues through open ended research and design (R&D)
- Leads the requirements management process from identifying stakeholders to gathering user needs, developing operational, functional and systems requirements in System Requirements Reviews (SRR).
- Develops requirements documentation to include performance specifications (P-SPEC), capability production documents (CPD) and requirement traceability matrixes (RTM).
- Develops Systems Engineering Plans (SEP) and system Engineering Management Plans (SEMP)
- Performs Trade Off Analysis, Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), interoperability analysis and risk analysis for the integration of COTS/GOTS hardware and software (HW/SW).
- Develop test plans, test procedures and manage the test process
- Collect and analyze test results and document outcomes in the RTM against baseline requirements.
- Work in an agile environment to develop SW/HW systems
- Create processes and systems that automate the posting of content
- Develop new systems to better deliver multi-media content to millions of end-users
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience performing in a hardware/software development role
- Intelligent, problem solving, solution offering, independent thinker
- Familiarity with WordPress, SharePoint, HTML5 and Java among other web-based languages
- Familiarity with requirements management tool, DOORS or CORE
- Familiarity with Jira
- Experience with the requirements management process (DoD 5000.2 or SDLC)
- Experience with multi-media content management using SharePoint and WordPress
- Experience with hosted content on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in agile development
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education
Our Company Overview:
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We are appraised at CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.
We support employee dedication with attractive benefits > https://www.bcmcgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/BCMC-HR-overview-optimized.pdf