BCMC is an IT consulting and engineering services firm. BCMC combines proven methodologies and technology solutions enabling our clients to effectively utilize technologies aligned to their business processes delivering a competitive mission advantage. BCMC is currently seeking a Senior Linux Administrator with Hadoop experience to lead the engineering team and support our federal client at their Reston, VA location.
REQUIRED: Security Clearance: TS
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Lead Linux System Engineer is part of the Infrastructure Team supporting enterprise systems. This individual will lead the team and work with colleagues providing the foundation for a government agency who produces larger infrastructures and great services.
- Experience leading and managing the team composed of systems administrators.
- Administer and maintain multiple Centos/RHEL and Windows environments, establish and enforce configuration management controls, perform security patches on the stack and contributed modules, and manage the deployment of custom code.
- Manage application of patches for multiple systems and OSs using Red Hat Satellite.
- Configure and maintain ESXI and VirtualBox environments.
- Configure and maintain virtual environments including VMs and containerization.
- Coordinate virtual environments for usage across multiple reporting structures.
- Establish effective deployment and migration strategies for software and application data through the deployment pipeline (i.e. development, testing, staging and production environments).
- Work with infrastructure and development teams to establish monitoring, backup and logging procedures for all environments.
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve the security, performance and reliability of the environments.
- Administer the Hadoop environment
- Update System Admin Guide.
- Submit firewall, PKI certificate, and account requests.
- 8+ years of direct support administering Windows and Linux systems.
- Strong UNIX and Windows scripting skills.
- Hadoop experience required.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors.
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience supporting CI/CD projects.
- Experience with automating configuration and DevOps such as Ansible, Docker, Puppet, and etc
- Experience with scripting language - Python.
- Linux Certification
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.