** Must have at TOP SECRET or above security Clearance **
BCMC a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
BCMC has an immediate opening for a Security Engineer to join our Information Assurance team. The position provides an opportunity to work directly with some of our nation's fundamental defense services. BCMC employees work closely with the clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out their national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to secure clients information systems and their contents.
The Security Engineer interacts with clients to recommend and provide information assurance solutions. Counsel will be based on the employees understanding of the way various products and services interrelate. The selected employee will develop various documentations, including security plans in compliance with Information Assurance policy. It is also the responsibility of the Security Engineer to conduct risk assessments.
To support system development by adding security rigor to the design, assessing the security posture and hardening dynamic operating environments .
- Act as the main security interface with integration and/or development team to solve complex security problems while adhering to prescribed NIST 800 Special Publication series
- Collaborate with the team to perform security control assessment activities as the project evolves in the systems engineering life cycle in accordance with NIST 800-53 and CNSS 1253
- Conduct research and perform security analysis on the impacts of system designs, modifications and technological initiatives
- Review security architecture design to determine level of security compliance
- Perform automated verification of DISA STIGs and other security benchmarks against web and appliance configurations
- Conduct vulnerability and compliance assessments on various web applications and various appliances and collaborate with the team to ensure vulnerability mitigation.
- Execute the source code analysis on developed applications and coordinate the remediation steps with software developers
- Document the security posture in the prescribed security design deliverables:
- Security Controls Traceability Matrix, System Design Document, System
- Administration Guide and other SELC documentation.
- Coordinate with the team and represent the security interest of the project through various forums: daily stand up meetings and weekly working groups.
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of emerging technologies, and the ability to effectively manage and protect information systems in a cost-effect manner.
- The Security Engineer position requires a Bachelor's degree in a specialized area or field or the equivalent, and a minimum of eight to ten years of related experience. Applicants with a Master's degree and six to eight years of related work experience also qualify.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Worked with the following tools: Nessus, Foundstone, Retina, Fortify, App Scan and Brakemen
- Familiarity with the following technologies: JAVA., Ruby, Perl, Microsoft Operating Systems, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMWare, Oracle, SQL Server, PKI, Encryption, TCP/IP networks, Access control models, network and security monitoring tools, and Cross Domain Solutions
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients