BCMC has an immediate opening for a Senior Software System Engineer/Web Developer to support the DoD’s most visited website with over 2M hits per month on the Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE) project. The Software System Engineer will work with a small multi-disciplinary development team of high performing problem solvers to identify user trends and recommends systems to increase capability and efficiency. Engineer will also develop a new system using web-platform and server-based languages to automate processes and reduce human intervention.
Job Location: Fort Meade, MD at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Clearance Level: Must have an active Secret Clearance at the time of hire
Certification Requirement: Must have a Security+ Cert at the time of hire
- Work directly with the government and BCMC PMs to deliver software and hardware (Software/Hardward) systems
- Develop web-, OS-, platform- and server-based HW/SW systems to automate processes and increase efficiency.
- Work in an agile environment to develop SW/HW systems
- Identify opportunities to integrate COTS/GOTS systems to decrease cost of support and operation
- Assist in the design, development, implementation and sustainment of SW/HW systems
- Assist in the development of support documentation to include requirements documents, operator, user and admin manuals.
- Research solutions for complex IT issues
- Develop systems to automate reporting using big data/logging tools
- Create processes and systems that automate the posting of content
- Develop new systems to better deliver multi-media content to millions of end-users
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience performing in a HW/SW development role
- Intelligent, problem solving, solution offering, independent thinker
- Familiarity with WordPress, SharePoint, HTML5 and Java among other web-based languages
- Experience with multi-media content management using SharePoint and WordPress
- Experience with hosted content on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Experience in agile development
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Our Company Overview:
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is an 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We are appraised at CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.
We support employee dedication with attractive benefits > https://www.bcmcgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/BCMC-HR-overview-optimized.pdf